Re: Open Software License v2.1

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 09:42:30PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Your indirect support of software patents disturbs me.

This sentence disturbs me, for two reasons:

[1] It doesn't appear to be directed at any practical issue.

[2] It does appear to be directed at a person.

I'm not even sure what "indirect support of software patents" means --
is anything other than outspoken criticism of software patents "indirect
support"?

[Personally, I don't like software patents, but also think that treating
patents as a serious issue is usually but not always the wrong thing
to do.]

--
Raul