Re: What if source is really big? [was: Re: Free Art License]

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:

> That is indeed an issue.
> Is source still source when it grows beyond the imaginable?
> But that issue is not GPL-specific, IMHO.
> Are you really providing the freedoms that we value, without providing
> the preferred form for modification?

I think that we are providing the freedoms that we value if we provide a
practical form for modification. The DFSG exist because we want to
ensure that certain acts are possible. "Source" that allows those acts
should be adequate, even if there potentially exists some "better"
version of that source.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org