Re: Debian and Mozilla Trademarks

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 10:30:55PM -0700, Paul C. Bryan wrote:
> Has anyone at Debian sought permission from the Mozilla Organization to use
> the Mozilla trademarks in its packages? In your legal opinions, would it
> make a substantive difference?

To my knowledge, no one associated with the Mozilla trademark has had
anything bad to say about anything anyone even vaugely associated with
the Debian trademark has done with the browser nor plans to do with it.

And, with trademarks, use which the trademark holder does not object
to is OK -- at least that's the way U.S. law works, and I imagine we're
talking about U.S. trademarks here.

--
Raul