Re: license for eSvn

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:51:11PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Sven Luther:
>
> >> I'd rather see a clarification from upstream.  If they intent to
> >> prevent a GPLed Windows port, it's non-free.  If they just want to
> >> make sure that people may distribute Windows binaries, it's probably okay.
> >
> > Well, the only way giving this licencing would be the absense of a GPLed port
> > of Qt to windows, wouldn't it ? This hardly makes eSvn non-free, not anymore
> > than our dual-licenced Qt does.
>
> That depends entirely on the meaning of the headlines, unfortunately.
> If Pierre wants to approach upstream on this matter, he should request
> a change to "Licensing Option 1" and "Licensing Option 2", to make
> clear that eSvn is dual-licensed independently of the operating system
> that is used.

I asked the author of esvn, which confirmed that the license is GPL,
so now I think there is no problem to consider packaging esvn in
'main' section.

Here is his answer:

=====
This license is GPL for all platform with GPL-ed version of QT include
Linux, so the license for the Debian will be GPL as well.
If I made it not clear, please let me know what I need to change in the
license and I'll do it.

I have read the discussion, and have added GPL notices to all source files.

regards,
Eugene Bort
====

Regards,