Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 10:03:31PM -0700, Ken Arromdee wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > I find a decent smoke test for aggregation to be:
> >
> > Can I take these two packages on the same CD and split them apart
> > again, such that they are no longer aggregated, and still use them?

It's a smoke test, not a bright-line test. But still...

> This definition suggests that all Emacs macros are derived from Emacs,

Fairly likely.

> that
> all Perl scripts are derived from Perl,

Difficult to say. Perhaps. Certainly some are (for example, anything
involving XSUB) - but perl has two licenses, so that's not hugely
interesting.

> and of course that any document
> written in Microsoft Word is derived from Word.

I can use a word document without a copy of word, these days. There
are at least half a dozen other things that can work with them.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |