Bits from debian-legal between 2004-08-23 and 2004-08-29

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/mail2.html#00615

Threads with more than 4 posts:

Suggestions of David Nusinow, over 60 posts this week to 27 Aug,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/mail2.html#00617

NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1
release going into sarge, around 60 posts this week to 26 Aug,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/mail2.html#00620

GPL "or any greater version", over 50 posts from 26 Aug to 30 Aug,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/mail2.html#00753

Does the "GPL version choice" impact GPL-compatibility?, around 10
posts from 25 Aug to 27 Aug,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/mail2.html#00719

CeCILL again..., over 5 posts this week to 24 Aug,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/mail2.html#00616

MontyLingua license, around 5 posts from 23 Aug to 23 Aug,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/mail2.html#00622

Bits author picks:

Microsoft Sender-ID: "This isn't a license, it's a bloody contract
[...] And it's a bloody PDF",

A very short summary of what's needed to get into non-free,

Anyone seen Andrew Saunders this week?

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast

RFC3156 defines security multipart formats for MIME with OpenPGP.