Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 09:02:47PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> I felt that while the initial developer is bound to release the same
> version under the QPL also, he/she is allowed to give to others
> permission to modify the differently licensed version with no "must be
> additionally available under the terms of the QPL" restriction.

He doesn't have that permission himself.  How can he possibly give it to
others?  If he can't release just under the GPL, how can he allow me to?

> But of course I may be wrong.
> IANAL.

So could I (and neither am I), but I don't see it.

--
Glenn Maynard