Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 12:26:43AM +0200, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> David Schleef <ds@schleef.org> writes:
> > For one thing, it's absolutely not possible to run the binary in
> > such a way that openssl is not part of the process image.
>
> Since when is Debian distributing linked process images?

I have a lot of difficulty dicerning a legal difference between
"distrubuting a file containing a program" and "distributing
a bunch of files that become a program when assembled automatically
by the system".  I think a judge or jury would have difficulty
with this difference as well.

(I'd be happy to be swayed by arguments that demonstrate such a
difference, though.)

dave...