Re: Choice-of-Venue is OK with the DFSG.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 05:17:11PM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> Bruce Perens walking in on a debate and attempting to hand down Word from
> Above without actually addressing any of the arguments that have been
> presented, as if three hundred posts of debate can be settled beyond
> dispute in just one ...

In fairness he was responding to the Debian tabloid press, which
traditionally takes an event, removes all semblence of useful
information from it, and posts an inaccurate remark along with a URL
to something inappropriate. So his primary error was in believing what
you read in the tabloids.

(In this specific instance, it looks like one of my offhand remarks
swatting down a non-argument, under the assumption that -legal
subscribers understand the context and other people have sense enough
to ask - right alongside four other posts with detailed
explanations. Gotta love tabloids).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |