Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:35:03 -0700 Josh Triplett wrote:

> I strongly disagree that such clauses are non-free.

I still consider QPL 3b as non-free: I'm not allowed to redistribute
modifications under the same terms of the original software. At least
not to the initial developer. This, IMHO, violates DFSG 3.

See my previous message
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/07/msg01736.html)
and the subthread that followed.

Brian Thomas Sniffen is following the same line of reasoning now in this
thread.

--
             |  GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4 |  $ fortune
  Francesco  |        Key fingerprint = |  Q: What is purple
     Poli    | C979 F34B 27CE 5CD8 DC12 |     and commutes?