Re: Web application licenses

* Josh Triplett <josh.trip@verizon.net> [040812 19:36]:
> I can think of many cases where the source is larger or more onerous to
> distribute than the binary.  Consider the case where the binary is in an
> embedded system. Also consider the case when the "binary" is a printed
> book, or a reference card, or a printed handout.

But the source is elementary for using your freedoms, so it cannot be
to onerous to be free software, as it would evade the context.

The embedded system is no real counter-example. Adding a CD with the
sources additional to the system is all but onerous.
With a printed handout: Just have also some CDs or other storage devices
ready and offer everyone to also give one of those. Normally noone
will want to have one. (No GPL violated, they could have one for no
cost, they choose to ignore it). When too many people want it so that
it could be onerous, that is normaly a sign that this a justified
request. (i.e. something were people need it)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.