Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> * Licenses like the QPL, which compel me to give somebody more rights
>   to my work than I had to his, are not Free.  They are not compatible
>   with DFSG 3.

This is where you lose me.  How is that incompatible with DFSG 3?  If
the license says that Entity X gets extra rights (perhaps being the
author of the original software), what prevents Author Y from
releasing modifications under the same license terms ("Entity X gets
extra rights to modifications")?

Michael Poole