Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

On 2004-08-12 14:22:34 +0100 Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se> wrote:

Of course getting curl to link with an SSL library that isn't GPL incompatible would also be a fix for this particular case, but I consider that a pretty big job that won't happen this year (by me).

I think this might be an easier/faster fix. Licensing is slow to hack, because you usually need other people to agree and it's pretty hard to explain well enough to defeat "my manager/mentor/friend/lover told me to be GPL-incompatible".

Is libcurl-gnutls not already done by someone? You mentioned it in passing in 2002, so I'm surprised. http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2002-06/0051.html

[...]
If this a huuuuge can of worms or am I just plain wrong?

Without saying anything on your correctness, I think it's a huge can of worms and debian's not finished fixing many simpler cases of this yet. Good luck!

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast