Re: Netatalk and OpenSSL licencing

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004, Freek Dijkstra wrote:
> Personally I fear the upstream maintainers are not willing to change
> their code for just this. After all, they already link with the
> technically excellent OpenSSL library, which is indeed open source.

This may be the case, but that shouldn't prevent you from making the
modification in the netatalk packages incorporated in Debian, ideally
in a method that allows the code to link with either gnutls or
OpenSSL. [Just because upstream won't (or can't) cooperate, doesn't
mean that Debian packages should languish...]

Don Armstrong

--
The beauty of the DRUNKENNESS subprogram was that you could move your
intoxication level up and down at will, instead of being caught on a

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu