Bits from debian-legal between 2004-08-02 and 2004-08-08

This summary covers 2 August to 8 August 2004.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/maillist.html#00052

Active threads with over 4 posts:

Please pass judgement on X-Oz licences: free or nay?, over 40 posts,
last post 8 Aug
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/threads.html#00014

RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue, over 10 posts, last post 8
Aug
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/threads.html#00051

RPSL and DFSG-compliance, under 10 posts, last post 8 Aug
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/threads.html#00032

Periodic summaries, under 10 posts, started 7 Aug, last post 8 Aug
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/threads.html#00143

Web application licenses, under 10 posts, last post 5 Aug
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/threads.html#00011

Acceptable copyright, under 10 posts, started 3 Aug, last post 8 Aug
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/threads.html#00104

Free non-software stuff, around 10 posts, last post 3 Aug
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/threads.html#00006

Bits author picks:

evan offers to summarise W3 software license

Tail of a htdig licensing thread

Mozilla relicensing progress

Notes about I think this should be done:

The header should be obvious, I hope. The first section should be
rigid forms of "subject, rough number, started date if in range, last
post date, newline, link to thread index". The cutoff number should be
set to get a maximum of the top 7. The second section is "author's
description, newline, link to message". I counted posts helped by:
wget -O- http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/08/maillist.html |
sed -n -e '/Aug 02/,/Aug 09/{;s/^.*<a [^>]*>//;s/Re:
//g;s/<\/a.*$//;p;}' | sort | uniq
-c | sort -n # pardon linewrap

Please inform me of errors or improvements.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast

RFC3156 defines security multipart formats for MIME with OpenPGP.