Re: periodic summaries, was: RPSL and DFSG ...

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> On 2004-08-08 10:49:43 +0100 Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>
> > [...] A weekly "bits from -legal" type post would be a
> > useful thing: a short summary of licenses/clauses discussed and the
> > salient points brought up. That might encourage contributions from the
> > rest of the project, such that other DDs might start to care about
> > what goes on here...
>
> Thanks to you and Mark Brown for the extra info. I do other
> newsletters already, so I'll have a go at this instead of submitting
> to DWN, shooting for a Monday preview here and Tuesday post to d-d-a.
> If others want to help, I'd appreciate it, so please let me know (I'll
> not set infrastructure up until pinged and probably not for first ish
> unless it's really offensive not to).

I'm not so sure that it should go to d-d-a.  For one time deals, where
a legal analysis affects a lot of packages, sure.  But not for a
weekly synopsis.  That is more like a mailing list of its own (like
kernel-traffic).

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu