Re: Debian domain in Japan (Was: Please add us to debian CD vendors list)

Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:
> At Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:55:31 +1000,
> Craig Small wrote:
>
>>Another vendor using the Debian domain.  I'm not sure if there is
>>anything we can do about it but though at least you'd like to know
>>someone has done this in Japan.
>
> Hmm, should we try to claim not to use debian domain?
> I'm not familiar about domain name dispute resolution policy in .jp, but
> we are "debian" trademark holder in japan, so I think we could file a
> compliant against debian.co.jp.

Do we really want to be going after a company which is selling Debian
CDs and Debian server hosting, donating money to Debian, seems to be
using the logos correctly
(see http://debian.co.jp/catalog/legalnotice.php), links to the actual
Debian site, and does not claim to be Debian?  All because they wrote in
and asked to be added to the CD vendors list?

(Incidentally, use of the logos in that manner, with a link on their
"Legal Notice" page to www.debian.org/logos , was exactly what I had in
mind when I suggested a DFSG-Free logo license in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/07/msg00829.html .)

- Josh Triplett