Helix Player under GPL (was Re: RPSL and DFSG-compliance)

So, this is a side-note about the Helix Player, not fully concerned with the
RPSL per se.

As I understand it, the Helix player (client side) has recently been
dual-licensed under the GPL.

There doesn't appear to be any way that the dual-licensing prevents users
from exercising freedoms protected by the GPL, so barring any of the
multitude of problems that can make GPL'd software non-free, it seems to me
that at least the Helix player is Free Software, and should be included in
either main or contrib.

I don't know what the dependencies are, or if there are any dependencies
that would prevent it from being in main. Thomas, is enough of the helix
player code GPL'd that we can include it in main, regardless of what we
conclude about the RPSL?

~ESP