Re: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 08:24:24PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Actually, Matthew Garrett convinced me that choice of venue could be
> DFSG-free (see, our opinions are not set in stone), although I still
> dislike it; see the bottom of
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/07/msg00812.html, which nobody
> commented on.

FWIW, I find that line of reasoning worrisome; it works just as well to
convince oneself that arbitrary termination clauses are free.  "We're
already in a bad situation, so we don't care about things that make it worse
and even harder to fix."

> I think we *do* have consensus that choice of venue clauses should be
> discouraged, certainly?

I hope so, but "should be discouraged" doesn't help much; too many people
are hell-bent on getting software into Debian, Free Software be damned ...

--
Glenn Maynard