Re: SRP

Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>:

> I'm not sure how to interpret this; I'm not familiar enough w/ SRP-Z.  Is
> this a different algorithm, such that the source would need to be
> significantly modified (such that SRP-Z is essentially a separate thing,
> convered by its own license; converting SRP-3 to SRP-Z is just as
> difficult as converting openssh to SRP-Z)?  Is this merely a layer on top
> of SRP-3 (thereby restricting a derived work, and making it
> DFSG-incompatible)?

If you take that argument to its "logical conclusion" then no software
is DFSG-free, because patents restrict all derived works. (Given any
free software, it is possible to modify it so that it infringes some
patent that is being actively enforced; therefore no free software can
be freely modified.)