Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG: Choice of venue argumentation.

Sven Luther wrote:

>>>Well, any licence allowing the user to be sued discriminate against people not
>>>having the time or money to play legal games.
>>
>>That is why most licenses don't bother to mention lawsuits at all:
>
> Ok, and has it occured to you that this point of law clause could also be used
> for people suing the upstream author over the licence ?

See the comment in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/07/msg00197.html about the
distinction between "If you sue us over this software, you must do so in
this jurisdiction" and "If we sue you over this software, you must
defend yourself in this jurisdiction" (the former being fine), and the
replies from MJ Ray and Nathanael Nerode agreeing with that assessment.

- Josh Triplett