Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 11:12:57AM -0800, D. Starner wrote:
>> Sven Luther writes:
>>
>> > Sorry, but i don't believe such a request is legally binding.
>>
>> I do. More to the point, neither of us is the judge who's going to
>
> Well, as said, i did some legal consulting, and the mention that a TV
> broadcasted request for patches should be legally binding did bring in some
> round of laughter.

Did you explain to your legal advisor that this is a broadcast request
in the context where you're operating within a license obliging you to
obey such requests?

> Furthermore, i was mentioned the fact that the request should be
> nominal, both to the modificator and the actual patch involved,

I apologize, but I cannot understand what you mean by a request being
nominal to the modifier or the patch.  Where does this idea of
"nominal"ness appear in the QPL?

-Brian