Re: non-free license check: skype

On 2004-07-14 12:20:54 +0100 Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

| [...] (v) constantly monitor www.skype.com in
| order to ensure that you are distributing the latest stable version;

Did they really issue a licence requiring hammering their web server?

I don't think it's practical to include software under this license
even in non-free.  The notification requirement is too cumbersome, and
the hyperlink requirement can only be fulfilled by extensive
modifications of our mirroring infrastructure.

I suspect this is the case, but ftpmaster will know for sure.

"Matthew Garrett is quite the good sort of fellow, despite what
my liver is sure to say about him in [...] 40 years" -- branden