Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On 2004-07-14 03:12:27 +0100 Josh Triplett <josh.trip@verizon.net> wrote:

The DFSG FAQ does
partially address this issue for the most widely-referenced issues, but
slightly less common issues often receive a "go read the archives"
response, which is sometimes harsher than necessary.

Both the FAQ and typical "go read the archives" posts don't include many references, which makes the learning curve even steeper, needing the extra time to search around. When I get a round tuit, I will submit changes to the FAQ, but I can only appeal to everyone to improve their referencing in "go read" posts (which would also help with FAQ building, I think).

"Matthew Garrett is quite the good sort of fellow, despite what
my liver is sure to say about him in [...] 40 years" -- branden