Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> I find it gross that it was suddenly renamed, losing much of its
> meaning for false "political correctness".  It'd be nice if the FAQ
> would correct this.

There was some discussion originally about this, and it was decided to
make the test broader than just it's application to a specific
jurisdiction. [I've lost the specific message(s) in which this was
discussed...]

In
http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20030310.011933.4c275bbf.html
for example, this test was applied (in effect) to a situation
confronting the Affero license.

Of course, I think the FAQ should point out the original name of the
test somewhere in 9b, as early discussions refer to it as such.

Don Armstrong

--
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu