Re: Blast from the Past: the LaTeX Project Public License, version 1.3

Frank Küster wrote:
> Sorting this out and contacting all upstream authors would take a hell
> lot of time. Asking them to upload a new version to CTAN instead of
> sending us a mail, because such a mail would be problematic wrt to DFSG
> clause 8, would take even more time. So much time that we will not be
> able to accomplish this within this year.

Emails from copyright holders are perfectly acceptable for
clarifications or changes to licensing, as long as it is clear in the
emails that such permission is not specific to Debian.  Packages with
such clarifications currently exist in main.

- Josh Triplett