Re: Choice of venue, was: GUADEC report

MJ Ray wrote:
> As I understand it, it limits all those rights by allowing the
> licensor to require out-of-pocket expenditure by any licensee on legal
> representation in the given venue, instead of possibly representing
> yourself in the court local to your offence as seems to happen
> otherwise.

If you take this to its logical conclusion, all free software is
non-free in the US, since our legal system allows lawsuites to be
brought for arbitrarily frivolous cause (see for example the SCO cases),
and even in the local venue, dealing with lawsuites is very expensive.
Even if you self represent, you lose weeks, months, or years of your
time.

I don't think you're making a viable argument.

--
see shy jo