Re: GPL-compatible, copyleft documentation license

On 2004-07-12 13:27:53 +0100 Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

Creative Commons is doing this already, so why not use their efforts?

...because CC*SA is not DFSG-free at the moment, which I think might be Branden's aim.

I don't think there are affordable self-publishing deals that also
include CD production, but I could be wrong.

I think there might be now. The 2003 dive book/zine/something published by FACT of Liverpool includes a CD on a foam pad in a centre page. It doesn't look *that* expensive.

"Matthew Garrett is quite the good sort of fellow, despite what
my liver is sure to say about him in [...] 40 years" -- branden