GPL-compatible, copyleft documentation license

Hi guys,

I'm currently using the following license statement on the Debian X FAQ[1].

I would appreciate commentary and analysis.

I'd also like to know if this simple enough that we could recommend it for
usage more broadly.  I realize my "notes" are a bit wordy.  In theory they
could be left out, and kept handy for people who wonder exactly what it
means to release people from certain clauses of the GNU GPL.

  Copyright and License

  Copyright © 1998–2004 Branden Robinson.

  This is free documentation; you may redistribute it and/or modify it
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as
  published by the Free Software Foundation, with the following proviso:

      * The copyright holder releases all licensees from the requirements
      * of sections 2a and 2c of the GNU General Public License, version 2.

  This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
  ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
  FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for
  more details.

  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License with
  the Debian operating system, in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL; if not,
  write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330,
  Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.

  Notes on the License

  In the copyright holder's understanding, re-imposition of the
  requirements of sections 2a and and 2c by those creating a derivative
  work is not allowed, since those restrictions never attached to this
  work; see section 6. This work can be combined with another work licensed
  under the GNU General Public License, version 2, but any section 2a and
  2c restrictions on the resulting work would only attach only due to the
  copyright license on the work(s) with which this work is combined and for
  which those restrictions are in force.

  The copyright holder regards the XHTML form of this document, along with
  any adjunct style sheets, as the Source Code of this Work for the
  purposes of the GNU General Public License.

  If you have a problem interpreting the GNU General Public License, please
  contact the debian-legal mailing list, the Free Software Foundation, or
  an attorney.

  If you find the copyright holder's notes on the license confusing, please
  contact him and/or the debian-legal mailing list.

[1] http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/local/FAQ.xhtml#copyright

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Do not attempt to disprove the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     four-colour theorem on your flag!