Re: Visualboy Advance question.

* Lewis Jardine <lewisjardine@tiscali.co.uk> [040710 03:49]:
> The typical user of such an emulator is developing software, and using
> the emulator to test it (in which case visualboy advance is no different
> to SPIM or WINE).
>
> In my opinion, Debian contains sufficient tools to develop your own
> programs to run on any emulator that isn't encumbered by requiring a
> particular non-free file: hex editors, assemblers, compilers, and
> documentation. To say that a typical emulator user would not have game
> roms is like saying a typical user of gputils might have no PIC images
> (and therefore gputils should be in contrib).

If there are to be used with self-made images and debian contains all
tools to create them, simply make one, put it under a free licence and
package it (or cause it to be included within the emulator package).
Then noone will dare to tell that this is nothing for main.

If noone ever made such a thing, and noone is willing to do so, then
I think the argument that it used that way is somehow weak.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.