RE-PROPOSED: The Dictator Test

Reaction to my earlier proposal[1] appears to be basically positive.  Not
everyone thought I picked the best name for it, though.

Nevertheless, I'd like to move forward, and propose the addition of the
following to the DFSG FAQ[2].

The Dictator Test:

  A licence is not Free if it prohibits actions which, in the absence of
  acceptance of the licence, would be allowed by copyright or other
  applicable laws.

  License grantors do not have a private right of legislation; that is,
  they are not dictators who can subject you to their personal jurisdiction
  through a license.

If anyone has an objection, please speak up ASAP.

It should be noted that this test is the work of Matthew Palmer and myself.

[1] Message-ID: <20040611135738.GA32113@hezmatt.org>
[2] http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianFreeSoftwareGuidelinesDraftFAQ

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I am sorry, but what you have
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mistaken for malicious intent is