Re: definitions of free

On 2004-07-02 22:28:54 +0100 Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

Question: what would it take to provide to the user the option to choose
"FSF Free" as well as "DFSG Free" (and perhaps "OSI") as the set of
packages they wish to install?

Add to apt and friends some way to categorise packages other than by data from the archive index they appear in, then get FSF to publish package categorisations. The apt bit may be possible already: I don't know OTTOMH and haven't looked it up.

"To be English is not to be baneful / To be standing by
the flag not feeling shameful / Racist or partial..."
                                            (Morrissey)