Re: How long is it acceptable to leave *undistributable* files in

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 10:13:46PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> What I'm saying (well, trying to say...) is that you are not adding
> creative elements by just running the build scripts and/or using
> makefiles.

I will agree that you are not creating creative elements.

I see no reason to agree that you are not adding creative elements.
You might very well be adding someone else's creative elements (depending
on how your system is configured).

More specifically, unless the resulting work is not a copyrightable work,
your lack of creativity does not seem to be a significant objection.

Drawing an analogy to a more traditional sort of copyrighted work,
what you're doing when you type "make" is analogous to the work of
a bookbinder.  It doesn't really matter, in copyright law, whether or
not a bookbinder's contribution is creative.

--
Raul