Re: Tracking down Rockfall's copyright holder.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:30:48 -0500
"J.B. Nicholson-Owens" <jbn@forestfield.org> wrote:

> If anyone reading this post knows Paul Lay or Harvey Kong Tin
> (Rockfall's co-authors), please feel free to have them e-mail me.

If you haven't already come across it,
http://members.tripod.com/~plain2/ looks like Harvey Kong Tin's
homepage. Whilst it hasn't been updated for a couple of years now, you
might want to try contacting him at kiwilove@paradise.net.nz, the
email address listed there. Browsing past versions of the page
courtesy of archive.org, I see that he also used to have his ICQ
number, #39435522, up on there, and that his email address was
formerly kiwilove@es.co.nz. You might want to give both of those a go
as well.

I'm sure I stumbled across Paul Lay's contact information once, but
for the life of me I can't seem to find it again now. Ah well, not to
worry. According to http://www.darkmazda.com/archives/052003.html,
webmaster@darkmazda.com had an email exchange with the guy just over a
year ago. With any luck, you'll be able to get Paul Lay's email
address from him.

As far as co-authorship is concerned, most of the credit attributions
I've seen list Harvey Kong Tin as being responsible for the graphical
side of things and Paul Lay for the actual code.

> Finally, I understand that the authors of the program may not be the
> copyright holder8s (work for hire clause, for instance), but one
> must start somewhere.

Quite so. Best of luck, and please be sure to let us know how you get
on! :-)

--
Andrew Saunders