Re: gens License Check - Non-free

Raul Miller writes:

> Because the linux kernel does not represent mere aggregation of one part
> of the kernel with some other part on some storage volume.
>
> It's not a coincidence that the parts of the kernel are there together.

The usual contention is that having some helper function load the
firmware is sufficient to resolve the concern.  That suggests to me
that the parts being together -- at least in that case -- is a matter
of convenience, not of necessity.  That is what I would use to test
for "mere aggregation" (when one is not a derivative work of the
other).

Michael