Re: How long is it acceptable to leave *undistributable* files in the kernel package?

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 06:34:30PM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
> You think it is clear.  I do not see why the Program (or a work based
> on it) cannot itself be a distribution medium for other useful works.

How are going to use that firmware without the linux kernel?

Because if you're using it without the kernel then it's not a part of
the same program -- it's only when the firmware is included in the kernel
that this becomes an issue.

--
Raul