Re: request-tracker3: license shadiness

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS writes:

> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org>:
>
>> # Unless otherwise specified, all modifications, corrections or
>> # extensions to this work which alter its source code become the
>> # property of Best Practical Solutions, LLC when submitted for
>> # inclusion in the work.
>
>> What is the impact of the third paragraph?
>
> It's not listed as a condition (the preceding paragraph is about the
> absence of guarantee, not about giving permission). The licence is
> quite clearly stated as Version 2 of the GPL.

It says GPL v2, but the format (specifically, the "END LICENSE BLOCK"
that follows that pararaph) suggests to me that upstream considers it
part of the license.

I agree with the rest of your email until the last sentence, where you
opine that is is not a restriction.  My reading is that it is intended
to be a license condition.

Michael