Re: request-tracker3: license shadiness

O Xoves, 10 de Xuño de 2004 ás 16:51:06 -0400, Michael Poole escribía:

> Can Debian properly redistribute rt3 if rt3 alleges both distribution
> under the GPL and GPL-incompatible restrictions?  Does the fact that
> the restrictions are non-enforceable (at least in the US) enter
> consideration?

 I don't think it is an incompatible restriction, just a notice. You can
still redistributed a modified version of rt3 retaining your own copyrights.
They only become theirs if you send them for inclusion in the official rt3.

 But the way it is worded is a bit... dangerous. For them. What if I submit
someone else's code? :-)

--

   Tarrío
(Compostela)