Re: Creative Commons Attribution license element

    Me> Conditions on modification are, of course, a matter of degree.

    AS> No, actually, they are matters of form. Not
    AS> degree. Unacceptable forms will always be unacceptable
    AS> regardless of how large or small the relevant restriction is.

A fair if fine point.

    AS> We've done these to death already, starting in 2003. They're
    AS> non-free. That won't change.

Ah. Well, could you respond to my points as to why I think they _are_
free? I disagree with the terms of the summary.

Can you explain to me why requirements to include an author's name
make a license non-free, but requirements to maintain copyright
notices, warranty disclaimers, license notification, and changelogs
are not? At this point, I don't see the serious difference.

    AS> Future versions of the licenses will be considered the same as
    AS> any license.

Excellent. I think debian-legal's input into the next version of the
CC licenses would be really helpful.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou