Re: gens License Check - Non-free

Andrew Suffield wrote:

No amount of hoop-jumping will help you here. It's still clearly a
derivative work of starscream.

Not even something like what I mentioned in my other message? Seperating the source packages wouldn't help either?

m68k is not a difficult chip to emulate, and there are plenty of other
emulators for it out there. There's probably something which could
replace it, resulting in a package which is both distributable and
DFSG-free (given that mpg123 is easy to replace).

I'd be willing to tackle this if you were able to point one out, it seems the only ones I could find weren't any more DSFG-free than Starscream.

I really want to see this package in Debian, can you tell? ;p