Re: libkrb53 - odd license term

On 2004-06-07 01:43:08 +0100 Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:

I see a license with a clause that both I and Henning [1] found potentially questionable, so I brought it to the attention of the rest of the list.

Searching the list archive by that message-id brings no results, you know?

You seem to have made a decision that this licence is ambiguous *before* asking the list. I think you have been wasting the list's time. I am not surprised that you now try to declare discussion over with:

I'm not going to waste any more time reading this subthread; you're bordering
on trolling by snipping my text with "[crap]".

[crap] is a fair description of the invention that you attempted to attribute to me. I think you were far closer to trolldom with that stunt and your I-will-not-ignore-DFSG-like-you-all-want trick.

If you don't want to spend
your time evaluating this license, please don't do so.

As you know, I have done so. In my opinion, the actual permission is not troublesome, nor are the notices of copyright, although the warning about download acceptance might be. It is necessary to remember that more than one author may have copyright in a work.

You must mean something else by snapping than what I know as it, for that was not it. No matter.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.