Re: libkrb53 - odd license term

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:59:14PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> This needless work must be done to make you happy; you are not willing
> to do this work?

This has nothing to do with "making me happy".  I only raised the issue;
it's up to the list to determine if there's a problem.  Sorry, but I'm
not willing to ignore the DFSG so long as I don't use a particular piece of
software, and I think it's the burden of people who actually care about
the software to do the legwork to ensure that it's free.

(It also wouldn't be a particularly good idea for me to contact upstream,
who I have no relationship with; the package maintainer should probably
be allowed to do that.)

There's also not yet a consensus on the "agree to the following terms or
do not retrieve" clause, which is why I havn't yet bothered the package
maintainer about this (which may not ultimately be necessary, if consensus
ends up being that both clauses are acceptable).

--
Glenn Maynard