Re: Theoretical Library License

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 01:43:24PM -0600, Benjamin Cutler wrote:
> Humberto Massa wrote:
> >@ 10/05/2004 16:26 : wrote Benjamin Cutler :
> >>3. If you wish to SELL your program or otherwise charge for its
> >>distribution, and NOT include the source code and/or otherwise make it
> >>non-freely redistributable, licensing terms must be worked out with
> >>the author of <the library> in advance.
> >>---end license
> >>

> >This one is a no-op... IF you are the sole copyright holder of the library.
>
> I realize it's a no-op, but I consider it a clarification for people who
> might want to use it to write proprietary programs using it that they
> must work that out with me in advance, and that the option is available.

Clarifications don't belong in the license itself.  Maybe in the
document, but not as part of the terms themselves.  See the GNU GPL for
guidance on how to clearly separate the actual license terms in a
document from other material.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It may be difficult to to determine
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    where religious beliefs end and