Re: about licenses for 3D models

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 04:08:23PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> I'm not trying to read the DFSG as narrowly as possible.  I was merely
> observing that I couldn't find a clause of the DFSG that really stated that
> what the OP was proposing was non-free.  You conveniently cut the parts of
> my message that gave some possible DFSG problems, depending on
> interpretation, and some practical problems that may be significant,
> depending on the licensor's interpretation of the given statement.

That's because I was attempting to point out potential problems in your
approach, not challenge your findings.

I think starting or ending an analysis with "well, I can't find anything
that directly contravenes the DFSG" is a risky approach to take.

DFSG-conformance is a necessary but not sufficient condition for a work
to be Free Software.

I didn't mean to give personal offense.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     engineering.  "Supernatural" is a