Re: Cryptlib licence

So it means there is no legal problems for a cryptlib package ? My wondering was more about this statement and the link with points 5 and 6 of the Debian social contract:

If you're unable to comply with the above license then the following, alternate usage conditions apply:

Any large-scale commercial use of cryptlib requires a license. "Large-scale commercial use" means any revenue-generating purpose such as use for company- internal purposes, or use of cryptlib in an application or product, with a total gross revenue of over US$5,000. This allows cryptlib to be used in freeware and shareware applications,

*I think* there is no problem for a cryptlib package, as there is no problem for a libdb package (they state in the page you linked it is the

same Sleepycat license.)

[]s, HTH, Massa

I forgot to say in my last e-mail that "Any large-scale commercial use of cryptlib requires a license." is limited by "If you're unable to comply with the above license then the following...", ok?

[]s HTH Massa