Re: debian-legal review of licenses

Scripsit Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader <leader@debian.org>
> * Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> [2004-02-12 00:01]:

> > Hmm.. do we really need to have a single person charged with writing
> > all of the summaries?

> No, I think we just need vounteers who step in in a particular
> discussion and volunteer to summarize it.

OK, everybody seems to think this is a good idea (and I seem to
be alone in suggesting that the final summary should not need
advance approval from d-l, so let's just go with the approval
step). Now how do we bring it about?

People are not going to send us "please discuss this license
internally and then send me a summary" requests just because we decide
that we can handle them. It needs to be anounced somewhere, but there
is not really any "user's guide to debian-legal" where it would
logically fit, is there? Should it go on <http://debian.org/contact>?
I'm afraid it isn't often read by the people we want to read.

--
Henning Makholm                   "Det er sympatisk du håner dig selv. Fuldt
                           berettiget. Men det gør dig ikke til en kristen."