Re: debian-legal review of licenses

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:14:06PM +0000,
Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> I'd like to hear what other people from -legal think.  I'm certainly
> not going to appoint anyone without the consent of -legal since this
> is just not the way it can work.  But perhaps we can find a solution
> together.

	I think this is a marvellous idea.  Manoj and Branden seem to do
these summaries on an ad-hoc basis, but both are maintainers of large
parts of Debian, and have pressing time constraints.

	I'm willing to take on a position to summarize our discussions,
and present them to upstream.  I think I can do this diplomatically, and
I have some experience with this.  (I was responsible for ironing out
licensing blips in Nessus and tvtime.)

	Of course, perhaps the best thing for -legal to do is have
people self-nominate themselves to this position, and then have a small
vote.

Simon