Re: JasPer License Issues: Some Potentially Good News

Dear Ben and Others:

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the draft version of
the new JasPer license.  Your responses have been most helpful.  I have
explained the problem associated with clause 3 (the
litigation-terminates-license clause) to Image Power, and the company
has indicated a willingness to drop this clause.  So, things are
looking quite good as far as getting a truly open-source version of
JasPer goes.  I'll keep you posted on further details as they become available.

Regards,
Michael

---
Michael Adams, Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. and Comp. Engineering, University of Victoria
P.O. Box 3055 STN CSC, Victoria, BC, V8W 3P6, CANADA
E-mail: mdadams@ece.uvic.ca, Web: www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams