Re: [Fwd: Re: Since you designed the Debian 'swirl' logo...]

Scripsit Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

> This will be of interest to anyone wanting to follow up on
> unauthorized use of the Debian "swirl" logo.  We have a statement from
> its creator that the swirl was created from scratch.

I'm not entirely convinced that his answer is applicable to the
current situation. The wording looks a bit as if he thinks he is being
asked "is it really, really OK for Debian to use it?".  On the other
hand, what we're trying to decide is whether is is appropriate to
start writing mean lawyery letters to www.elektrostore.se.

Um... wait, this is funny. Didn't it used to be the case that the
elektrostore logo used the same brush-stroke shape, but with the other
end of the stroke at the inner end of the spiral? (I.e., they had the
three lone dots at the *outer* end of their swirl). Now they're
swirling in the same direction as the Debian logo, but still with
subtly different proportions, as far as I can tell by eyeball.

Or am I going completely mad and imagining the entire "backwards swirl" thing?

--
Henning Makholm                        "I have seen men with a *fraction* of
                                 your trauma pray to their deity for death's