Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:22:31PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>
> > I'm tired of this argument.  You can interpret that as capitulation if
> > that's important to you.  We appear to have divergent premises.  You
> > regard trademark saber-rattling as potentially a friendly act.
>
> That is a deliberately falsified and misleading statement of my
> position.

No -- it's your right to say it is an incorrect statement of your
position, but as for "deliberately falsified and misleading"...I'll thank
you to get your defective mind-reading device the hell out of my skull.

> I'm saying that I do not see any evidence of saber-rattling
> happening in this case. That's manifestly different from saying that
> saber-rattling is friendly in those cases where it does exist.

Fine.  As I said, I'm tired of arguing over the correct reading of tea
leaves with you.  For all I know, it's perfectly rational for you to
cope with trademark law as lightly as I think you do.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"